A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Friday, January 21, 2011

Recipe for "My Best Cookie"

This is a recipe that I have adapted and made my own due to the different taste preferences in my family. The original recipe had wheat germ, raisins and shortening in it. I have tweaked it many times over the years and this has become a favorite among those who have tasted them.....

MY BEST COOKIE

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups oats
  • 2 t. Madagascar vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 cups Reese's Pieces
  • 1 1/2 cups high quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375*F. Mix sugars and butter in large bowl. Mix in oats, vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until combined. Stir in peanut butter, Reese's pieces and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded small cookie dough scoop onto cookie sheets that have been covered with parchment paper. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool for a few minutes and remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack.

No comments: