A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Monday, April 4, 2011

Updates from Pastry School



I am 3 weeks in to my Pastry Class and having a great time! Yesterday was Pies and tarts and we were busy working on our crusts and fillings. My project was a chocolate ganache tart...oh my! I added toasted hazelnuts to it for an extra zing!! I chose to make mini tarts as opposed to one large one. I wasn't pleased with my crust recipe and I am thinking of practicing with another crust recipe that has ground almonds in it and looks to be a little sweeter and flakier! Practice makes perfect as they say...whoever "they" are!! ;-)

1 comment:

ayates said...

Looks really yummy!!!