A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Friday, November 12, 2010

Wow, has it been this long??

Oh it has been! It's already the holiday season of 2010...and I am officially in my last year of being in my 40's! A true middle aged woman. I am glad to report that my family is well and we're getting through this hard economic transition....at least so far. It's just really hard to go backward..you know...when you're used to more of an easy cash flow!! I am always looking for deals and checking coupon expiration dates, among other things like, oh, like just not buying things!!

Well, this week I took a the whole week off! Yes, the whole week. And what I mean by that is that I purposefully did not schedule anything. No appointments, meetings, get togethers, lunches, coffees, have to lists for anyone. I looked at my schedule this week and saw that I had nothing scheduled and just had this miraculous idea that I would do only the things I have been trying to do but couldn't. For instance..laundry (yawn), ironing, gardening, finishing a baby quilt for my unborn nephew, baking for the holidays...etc... Well, guess what? It's just what was needed. It was like a sabbatical. I actually had a thought in my head and I even had time to do an actual crossword puzzle!!

No comments: