A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August Highlights

Although we didn't take any big family vacations this summer, I do feel like our summer was quite full. July was quite eventful and I think I blogged mostly then about what we were doing. Well, here are the events that happened since then.


Girls night out to John Mayer concert. Courtesy of my very good friend, Charlotte. We had a ball. What fashion gals we are in our shades!!


Andrew turned 21 and came down for 4 days from Portland. We celebrated at Blue Water Grill in the District. Here are my cute boys...Andrew in the middle. And no, he only drank Lemonade and water that night.
I can't leave out Calvary's Camp Surf. That was definitely a highlight! We had a great time in our little motor home in Leo Carillo campgrounds. Alison, Patty and I were quite comfy in our home away from home, especially Patty who had the master suite. I still can't get over the Sains' tent trailor looking like a 7/11 Store. Here is a cute picture of Christian and one of his favorite persons on the planet, Josh, jr. high pastor.


This was a very fun night at Simon LA in Beverly Hills. This was the Sodaro Winery dinner event put on by Dave's Uncle, who owns the winery in Napa. We actually stayed the night up there at the Sofitel Hotel after a wonderful day of lunching at Sofi's and strolling down 3rd street and Farmer's Market. Lots of eating that day!!


NASCAR day!! Here is my little man and my little lamb at the California Speedway last Sunday. We all were rooting for different drivers, Christian rooted for Denny Hamlin (sorry dude, no Denny hats for sale). Jeffrey Y. rooted for Dale jr., my husband, Jeffrey rooted for Carl Edwards and me, Jimmie Johnson....who, ahem, won the race that night...but I don't want to brag or anything.

No comments: