
We went to my friend, Alison's annual 4th of July party yesterday afternoon. Great people and great food, which are very important mainstays in having fun in my book. I stayed far from the water balloon toss which I have learned gets out of hand with the teenagers...usually my son, Jonathan, leading the way. Cute Jennie W. taught me how to put pictures on my blog. That's why there is a picure of a toucan on my first post. I think I will keep him there.
Anways, back to the great people and great food. The desserts were amazing. Barrie K. makes these bar things that are heaven...I don't want the recipe because I will make them, hide them and then eat them. Alison snagged 4 or 5 of them and put them up in her cupboard...you go, girl! Julia C. brought something called a Texas sheet cake...that was lucious. Chris C. brought brownies with or without nuts. I kept looking for Lorraine's Banana Pudding dessert, where was that? I brought Ina Garten's Coconut Cupcakes from the Barefoot Contessa's Cookbook...to which Cheri S. said "Completed her". You know, it's really about the simple things in life!
2 comments:
it was only 2 bars in the cupboard...and the banana pudding
For the record...I didn't say that the cupcakes complete me, I said that YOU complete me. I was truly impressed by your ability to bake something so delightful!
Post a Comment