A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Monday, July 7, 2008

My baby is back from Camp

We picked up my sweet boy, Christian, Saturday evening from his week at camp. And just as we thought, he had no money, he was exhausted, had a really interesting odor to him and had the time of his life! He immediately jumped into the shower which I am sure was 35 minutes long. After that he gave me a blow by blow account of his wonderful week of being up in the mountains in the midst of fun and frolic with his friends. His counselor was his Jr. High school pastor, Josh, who Christian views as pretty much the most awesome person on the planet! He roomed with some great boys from church and in his view all got along great including his best friend from babyhood, Joe F. I am so glad that he loved it. When asked why he never bothered to call home, he merely answered...."Why"?


Who needs Daphne's?

Okay, here is my latest lunch obsession. First of all, besides Mexican food I absolutely love Greek/Mediterranean food. Bring on the hummus and Kalamata olives! Besides loving food I am always trying to look for ways to cut calories and fat. Daphne's Greek Cafe has this amazing chicken sandwich in a pita that I can't seem to stay clear of for very long. But when I looked at the nutrition guide on this particular item I fell off my chair...well, not really but close. I then decided to make my own version of this. Checking out pita breads was my first challenge. The best one in my opinion is the Western Bagel Alternative Pita, being very low in calories and fat, and really high in fiber. I then smear Tzatsiki sauce from Trader Joe's (cucumber and yogurt sauce) on top of the pita, then place cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, a few Kalamata's, and avocado slices on top of the sauce....Delicious and filling!!

3 comments:

ayates said...

and what a cute baby he is.....my boy had a great time as well at camp. He talked non-stop when he got home...telling soooooooo many stories.

And in regards to Daphne's..... I love that place..... so any time you would like to have me over to sample your creation I would gladly join you!!!!

Anonymous said...

yum! I am coming to your house for lunch tomorrow. What time should i be there?

Andi said...

Hmmm...
Camp. Do you think Christian will make a friend he'll have for life? I sure hope so!!! Courtney (that's MaryAnn to you) has become a Lazy J lifer and looks forward to going back next year as a JC.
Thank God for camp 'cuz that's how I met my Chewie!!!