A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)
May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.
Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.
May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.
Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I Married a Car Fanatic
Does anyone have one of these? I have literally lost count on how many little cars suddenly appear in my drive way. The majority of these are vintage Porsches. My husband drove home a couple of days ago in a little white 912 which means the brown one will be leaving shortly. He thrives on this. Today we're going down to Dana Point and staying the night at the Marriott. There is some big vintage Porsche extravaganza going on this weekend to which Jeff is heavily involved in. He has made it worth my while as he is springing for a 50 minute massage for me at 1:30 and dinner (with 20 other vintage Porsche fanatics) at one of my favorite restaurants, Jack's in Dana Point http://www.jacksdp.com/. Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up early and running on the Beach and then catching the second service at Capo Beach Calvary, where Peter-John Coursin is the teaching pastor. After church the Porsche car show should be in full swing on the front lawn of the Laguna Cliffs Marriott. I will pretty much be on my own on Sunday as Jeff will be directing traffic, organizing, solving people's problems and going a 100 miles an hour. Hopefully, I will be able to pin him down for lunch at the catered buffett and then I will head home making a quick stop at Plant Depot in San Juan Capistrano (just to look, of course)....and then back home to normal routine. I do love doing short little weekend trips like this. Well, better go pack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Tracy, I'm married to a car fanatic and when he comes home in a new (very old) vehicle, none of the others leave! I think you are very lucky to have a car fanatic that will actually remove cars from his collection!
Post a Comment