A Present Salvation (from prayers of the Puritans)

May I be always amongst those who not only hear but know thee, who walk with and rejoice in thee, who take thee at thy word and find life there.

Keep me always longing for a present salvation in Holy Spirit comforts and rejoicings, for spiritual graces and blessings, for help to value my duties as well as my privileges.

May I cherish simplicity and godly sincerity of character. Help me to be in reality before men, to be faithful before I profess faith, to leave the world before I enter into prayer, to set my affections on things above, to shun forbidden follies and vanities, to be a dispenser as well as a partaker of grace, and to be prepared to bear evil as to do good.

Valley of Vision, Puritan's prayers and devotions

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fun July 4th

Okay, so I ran my 10K yesterday morning with my trainer and friend, Lesley, who is 28and adorable! She, of course, finished way ahead of me. Her time being 48 minutes and my time being 1 hour and 2 minutes. I am quite satisfied with my time, don't get me wrong because I did my best!! My husband, Jeff and son, Jonathan, were there to meet me at the finish line. We then went to a great breakfast at Arthur's where I happily dove into my french toast with gusto! We tried to at first get into the Original Pancake House, but the wait was over 30 minutes and I was literally starving! I am normally not a breakfast person. I really prefer a piece of fruit or cereal with my coffee and then I am good to go until lunch, but there's something about eating a great meal after you've given your body a workout.

No comments: